So I've started working at Tom Graboski Associates (a small (10 people total) but influtential Graphic Design firm 5 minutes from Gabe's house). I bikeride to and from their everyday (9am-5pm). You're probably wondering "how is it"? Well I just don't know yet. I'm having a really kick-A, but its only been 3 days so who knows. Right now they don't have as much work as usual so every day starts with me not really sure as to what I'm doing, but I like that. Today and friday I spent most of my time conceptualizing layouts for their new site (the old one is ten years old). It a new thing for me, website design, but I'm finding it pretty interesting and am progressively getting less suckaD at it. The employees are generally in their 30s and 40s but two people (Fabian and Veronica) are in their late 20s. Fabian went to DASH, but got kicked out after one year due to slacking grades. I'm SURE he'd be in ID though. He wears Quicksilver and is like a shorter and buzz-haired version of Rafa. He laughs ALOT.... Everyone is really laidback and outgoing, which is really good. The though of an uptight design firm seems kinda wack anyways.
Working in an office is so strange compared to school. 9 to 5 may not seem like a long time, but you can't really take breaks cause its a job. So you pretty much need to either be working, or look like you're working for 8 hours straight. Pretty crazy. I haven't really been bored yet though because I've been trying to impress the people in the office and be very productive (always asking for work to do). We all went out for lunch on friday to Scotty's Landing, which was right next to Shake-a-Leg so of course I thought of my two lovas Ed and Gabe.
Right now, my fingers are crossed that I'll continue to be pumped about going to work everday. So far so good though. Today after I gave Veronica a sketch of a television frame like she asked I turned away and heard her say "the kid can draw". That was pretty fuckin sweet. I miss you guys a shit ton. Come back now!
Tony
Monday, April 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

sounds great man. Im pretty envious you found a internship already... Ive been sending stuff out with really minimal positive response.. ohhzz vell. That kid really can draw.
ReplyDeletegabe
whudupp pimpalitious, im feelen you on the 9-5 gig, im not into that either, but we all have to start somewhere i guess. just 5 weeks left before i go home, gonna be sweeeeeet!
ReplyDeleteIan
hey cook sook, it's pretty exciting to think that we are about half way through our college experience. Its all happening so fast. People always say that college is the best years of your life. However, in our case we work our asses off in college and have the best years of our lives for the rest of our lives working in a career that we love.
ReplyDeleteI miss Miami. It snowed 4 inches, Fuck!
Bro-love,
Ed