So I've picked my final design direction for the 3 pieces. From left to right it goes pawn, knight, and queen. Modeling wasn't that tought, i did most of it in Alias, but the filleting in Solid Works. These are the 3 pieces of the set that'll be powder printed tomorrow. The rest of the pieces of the set (rook, bishop and king) are just going to be background pieces in the final render. I wanted each piece to have a very recognizable appearance, but there are definitely aspects in the design make it a "family of form". Every piece has a much larger shell that carries the inner piece which'll be highlighted when I add color to a render, also, the amount of "spine pieces" increases as the strength of the piece increases. I'm still not sure whether I should render it in Alias, SolidWorks (Photoworks), or Hypershot (my class calls in Diapersnot). Any suggestions or advice would be FAMAZING
-jewluva
i really like the forms you went with,i see the pawn and queen being the most successful. as far as programs, i have no clue, seeing as how i havent worked in anyof those. I did hear though that hypershot is good for rendering out things, so i would try that.
ReplyDeleteLooks nice, can't wait to see them rendered out beautifully. Definitely try HyperShot, you will be able to render this out in minutes and create lots of high quality images quickly. You can download a trial from their website.
ReplyDeleteLove the spine concept. Fo sho use hypershot
ReplyDelete